If during the AOne hub setup process you got an error message (e.g. Failed to pair your hub (iOS), Failed to acquire (Android) or similar) please follow these steps:
Step-1 (the initial checklist):
1) Check that your hub is switched on and plugged into a wall outlet.
2) The power indicator on the top of the hub should illuminate.
3) Check if you hub is connected to an Ethernet port on your router.
4) Your WiFi router is powered on and discoverable on your mobile device or tablet.
5) Your mobile device is connected to the internet.
Try an alternative Ethernet port on your router
(1) Disconnect the Ethernet cable from the router.
(2) If you have a network switch, or have multiple routers, bypass them for the time being.
(3) Connect your Ethernet cable directly into your primary router. Double check that the cable is going into a LAN port and not any of the following: WAN, ADSL or Uplink
Step-2 (General Troubleshooting):
1) Delete the AOne app from your phone
2) Re-boot your mobile phone (turn it OFF, turn it back ON) <<<<<< IMPORTANT
3) Re-boot your hub (turn it OFF, wait for 30 seconds, turn it back ON) and wait for 2 solid green lights
4) Install a fresh copy of the AOne app
5) Log in and test your hub
Step-3 (red exclamation mark):
Now please check if there is no red flashing exclamation mark on the top of your hub. If you can see the red exclamation mark on the top of your hub you won't be able to control it. Normally it shows the issues with the Internet connection (no Internet connection, blocked traffic, firewall, damaged cable, etc.)
For the AOne system to work correctly we will need a regular Internet connection (incoming & outgoing traffic) + these ports:
UDP ports 5560 - 5566
TCP port 5568
TCP port 5568 must be open to allow relay connections in case P2P connections are not possible.
Base station’s Controller service & Base station's uDirectory service (GSP): UDP ports 5560 - 5566
+ P2P should be allowed in the network
+ ability for devices to communicate with each other, using the same WiFi network.
If you need more information, please contact Aurora customer support on:
UK: +44 (0) 1707351859
Phone lines are open Mon-Fri 9am-5pm.
Or raise a support ticket, clicking on the HELP button.