Sometimes the simplest solution to a resolve a crashing application in iOS is to quit the app and then relaunch it. The idea behind this is that you’ll clear the app from memory and allow for a clean launch.
- Double-click on the Home button to bring up the multitasking screen
- Locate the application you wish to quit, then swipe up on the app to quit out of it
- Hit the Home button to return to the Home Screen of iOS, then tap the app icon to re-open it again
Another approach for app crashing issues is to try to force reboot the iPhone or iPad by holding down the Power button and Home button until the device flashes the Apple logo. Then let it boot back up and try to use the app again.
Keeping apps updated is also vital to maintaining application stability and the reason is quite simple: developers identify bugs within their apps, fix them, and then push an update to the app.
- Open the App Store and go to the “Updates” tab
- Install any updates available to the application which is exhibiting crashing problems or bugs
- Relaunch the freshly updated app
You can also try to delete the crashing app and then re-install it. Reinstalling apps you will dump app cache at the same time and those caches can sometimes be the cause of the app crashing in the first place.
Updating iOS to the latest version is another way how you can resolve apps crashing issue and this combined with installing the latest version of an app is usually the be-all-end-all solution to a problematic app experience. Be sure to back up the iOS device before you update iOS.
- Back up the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to iCloud or iTunes – don’t skip this
- Open “Settings” > “General” > and go to “Software Update”
- Choose “Download & Install” and let the entire iOS updating process complete
If you need any further help or have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, raise a support ticket, using the link near the bottom of this page or clicking on the HELP button (a blue circle with a question mark) or call us on:
UK: +44 (0) 1707351859
Phone lines are open Mon-Fri 9am-5pm.