Sunrise Sunset is a supported feature for our AOne System when using the AOne ZigBee Hub.
Here's a couple of things to know before using this feature:
- The Sunrise Sunset feature should only be enabled once the system has been installed on the property
- You will receive a popup asking if you would like to share your Location (you can choose Yes or No)
- To use this feature, we will require to gather your Phone's Location (to set your Hub with the best Sunrise Sunset settings)
- Your Location is only gathered once for the purpose of setting the correct settings for your Hub
- Your Location is only stored locally on the Hub and is not sent anywhere else (no one else can have access to it, only your Hub)
- If you relocate along with your AOne System you will have to get in touch with us and provide the new City you are in to adjust the Hub's settings
To use the feature, you will have to select it as a time option when setting up Schedules or setting up a Motion Sensor.
Regarding the Offset feature when creating a Schedule using Sunrise/Sunset:
The Trigger time for the Schedule can be offset by up to 90 minutes prior or following the Sunrise/Sunset Event.
We use a free, third-party API to use your Location and retrieve the correct Sunrise Sunset settings for you.
For more information on how this works, please visit their website below:
You can disable Location Tracking for the App via your Phone's App settings.
This will not affect performance of Sunrise/Sunset as the Location is only gathered once.
This feature depends on the support of the service by the third party.
Aurora has no say or control over this service and as outages can happen, a fix will depend on the third party.
If you need any further help or have any questions, please email us at [email protected], raise a support ticket, using the link near the bottom of this page or clicking on the HELP button (a blue circle with a question mark) .